Monday, March 9, 2015

Abstract 11th jan 2015


I have been toying with this idea for a long time. Even though I don't think it is a new idea I still find it interesting. I have been placing images on top of each other. Images that have very little in common. Two ideas. Then I try to make sense of it all. I have been doing this with figurative abstracting and geometric abstractions. In fact that is how I started. I would start with an image. Then I would start to collage paper pieces on top of the image. Then I would get stencils and spray paint on top of the collage. And finally I would try to make an image out of the whole thing. 
In this image there are only two images. Two ideas living in the same space. I don't think I tried to bring them together. 


#saatchiartilove
Check out this great work of art by Omar Sangiovanni at Saatchi Art