Thursday, March 26, 2015

Beautiful Watercolor Paintings of Architecture by Thomas W. Schaller

Shared from Zite

 

From the article: "Don't paint the scene in front of you. Paint the light that defines it and gives it life." 

 

[thumbnail]

Beautiful Watercolor Paintings of Architecture by Thomas W. Schaller

My Modern Metropolis - "Don't paint the scene in front of you. Paint the light that defines it and gives it life." Though he was raised on a farm in the Midwest, Thomas W. Schaller spent the majority of his life in Manhattan where he worked as a commercial architectural artist. Today, however, he works for himself, as a watercolor painter based in Los Angeles. Schaller made the jump to a different profession after one of his artist friends asked him what he wanted to do with his life. "I told him I wanted to be a painter, a 'real artist,'" he recalls, "but then I proceeded to detail all the reasons I had constructed that seemed to make that dream impossible. He listened politely to all my excuses and then said simply: 'If you want to paint - just paint. All the rest will take care of itself.'"

Zite logo

Available on the App Store.



Sent from my iPhone