Monday, August 6, 2012

Hopefully one day I'll understand

This summer's been a very interesting summer. I've been stuck in a funk for most the summer. Hopefully one day I'll understand, hopefully one day I can look back and figure out what was going on in my life at this point.
I think I am having to deal with questions about what I think art is and what I think i should do and what I should be doing in my life with art. I have been consumed with the selling my work online for the past couple years I guess. The birth of my son has brought to my attention the fact that I have neglected concept in my work.
The last substantial work that I've made was the freedom series. And even that I feel has cheesy look to it. Like something you would find at a bed bath and beyond. I love these pieces. But I need to refocus on what truly makes me happy. And that's making Artwork. I think once I figure out what I want to do I'll start feeling better. You see I had put into my head that these art festivals where the place where I wanted to show my artwork. It is becoming more apparent to me that technology is moving quit quickly and that i should be wise and try to keep up.
Phones are a constant way of being able to show artwork to anyone.
Video is becoming the number one two-dimensional form of communication.
The iPad and tablet devices are becoming the number one way for people to experiencing Internet.
So I need to use these things in order to make my work.
These are the main form of communication not a gallery, not an art festival, not selling my work in the corner.
My focus should be the message.
I think I lost track of of that.
Hopefully I won't again.
In the process, I think I made my wife miserable.
I have not been the best person to be around.
Hopefully I can make it up to her.
It also didn't help it for the last week and a half I've been sick as a dog. But that's no excuse I've been in this funk for over a month.
Hopefully today I can close this chapter in my life. Hopefully I can look back and see where my life changed. Where he made the decision to be happy.
Now comes the hard work to decide again what makes me happy.
Because this things have definitely changed since I have been married and had a child.