Sunday, July 8, 2012

I am teaching my sisters how to swim.





So i have two little sisters.
They are five. They are twins. Identical.
I am teaching them to swim.
First of I am not swim teacher. Although I have coached swimming I am not certified to teach kids to swim.
But these are my sisters so I am entitled to try.
One of them is progressing really fast.
The other not so much.
One of them has fear but won't let it get in the way of her learning.
The other has fear but tries to be cautious. Overly cautious. To the point where she stops herself from progressing.
She tells me I'm shy. I am scared. When I know for a fact she is not shy. And she probably is scared.
But irrationally.
She is five. And she will come around.
But I think there is lesson there.
For all of us.
Some of us never let go of that fear.
Some of us try to do it our own way.
When there is a proven way.
We all come around. But the best way is to not let our fears control us.
But that's easier said than done.