Thursday, February 10, 2011

Using a rock instead of soap - Boing Boing

Sent to you by SangiovanniArt via Google Fast Flip:

would you use a rock?



Using a rock instead of soap - Boing Boing

A couple of months ago Wendy Jehanara Tremayne stopped using soap. She keeps herself clean with a rock. The no soap adventure continues, in my sixth week I made a remarkable discovery - the lava rock. It happened when I walked by a pile of lava rocks and thought "that looks a lot like a pumice stone." So I grabbed a couple of them and put them by the bathtub. As previously reported quitting soap greatly reduced dry skin itch, though it did not get rid of it completely. It seems this lava rock provides that last bit of exfoliation that was needed. I'm using the rock like soap, washing the entire body with it and getting an enlivening scratch that leaves the skin feeling like it was just dipped in peppermint. Geez, I hope my bf doesn't see this. He already hasn't used deodorant in a few months and he's so suggestible. I really don't want rocks in my bathroom. What's wrong with a nice loofah? (btw, sans deodorant I haven't smelt him once, and he didn't tell me he stopped using it for well over a month. He bikes for 1.5 hours a day and still no smell.) ...leaves the skin feeling like it was just dipped in peppermint....

Read full story