Thursday, July 1, 2010

2 local artists develop multimedia gallery | poughkeepsiejournal.com | Poughkeepsie Journal

2 local artists develop multimedia gallery | poughkeepsiejournal.com | Poughkeepsie Journal: "G.A.S. is an acronym for Gallery and Studio, a collaborative multimedia space in the City of Poughkeepsie. Opened in 2007 by local artists Franc Palaia and Aaron Miller, the gallery stages solo and group art exhibitions and hosts lectures, film screenings and performances."
The concept for the gallery was developed by Palaia years ago and put into motion when Miller relocated to the region from New York City.

"The seed of the idea to open the gallery came to me several years ago and I put it on hold because at the time there was nobody interested," Palaia said. "When Aaron moved to Poughkeepsie and I befriended him, he asked me if I'd be interested in opening a gallery.